Ok, my confession. I wasn’t that crazy about this one. But I think it’s just me (although my husband agreed). Maybe our expectations were off because we (or I at least) were expecting true cookie dough and this was too cream cheese-y, but we were both “meh” on it.
Recipe came from about 30 different blogs all with identical recipes so I’ll just reproduce here since I wouldn’t even know which to link back to.
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 3/4 -1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used semisweet, many called for milk)
- Cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Add everything else and mix until completely combined.
- Top with chocolate chips as garnish
- Serve with various dipables (graham crackers, apples, animal crackers, etc.). We used madeleines from Costco.
So, wouldn’t make it again. But I might make eggless cookie dough (or make cookie dough with pasteurized eggs) just for eating straight or maybe to be thinned out with cream or something to make more “dip” like, but the cream cheese ruined this for me.